Thursday, June 28, 2007

She's All That: And a bag of potato chips


I've always been confused by how I made it through high school without seeing She's All That until I realized that it was released during my freshman year of college. It's a solid teen flick but I wasn't crazy about the leads. That made me a little sad because I used to have a huge crush on Rachael Leigh Cook. I loved her in Josie and the Pussycats (one of the most underrated films of all-time), All I Wanna Do (an awesome movie, even if Joe Hofman and I are the only ones who have ever seen it), and Antitrust (she managed to make that one bearable) but I guess she just doesn't do it for me anymore. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Freddie Prinze, Jr. is just famous because his dad was a shitty actor.

I would have liked to see more of the supporting cast. It's almost a crime to have Anna Paquin, Dulé Hill, Clea DuVall, Gabrielle Union and Kevin Pollak in your movie and not really give them anything to do. I mean, Sarah Michelle Gellar wasn't allowed to talk for Christ's sake! However, in a film that also features The Sherminator and that guy from the Twix commercial I was glad that they found time to give Matthew Lillard a decent part. He was truly awesome as a reality show reject, I kinda wish the whole movie was about his Brock Hudson. See, even his name is the coolest!


"I wanted Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island" ugly, not Cornelius on Planet of the Apes ugly. TV ugly, not . . . ugly-ugly."

No comments: